Good Gut Health for Your Quarter Horse at its Best
Good Gut Health for Your Quarter Horse at its Best
A horse’s gut function affects everything about how it stays healthy and performs: appetite, weight, condition, comfort, focus, resilience, willingness, and more. At the same time, the digestive system is one of the things most critically affected by a horse’s lifestyle and the demands of training and competing.
Every little thing you do to optimize your horse’s health can make the difference between finishing in or out of the top.
Learn why good digestive health can be difficult to maintain, the affect it has on a horse’s health and performance, and what you can do to support a healthy gut despite the rigors of showing.
The Difficulty with Equine Digestive Health
Horses are built to live out in herds, ambling slowly across the range, constantly grazing on rough, fibrous grasses and plants. The equine GI tract naturally functions at its best in this state.
Serious training, traveling to new environments, and competition stress are significant challenges to the natural digestive health of horses. And that’s not to mention the affects of keeping horses stalled for more than a few hours a day and feeding grain.
Given these rigors, maintaining the delicate digestive balance of a horse’s gut can be a challenge. External signs of underlying GI health issues can include:
- Lack of appetite
- Ability to maintain weight
- Not fully using the body, especially to the right
- Hair/coat condition
- Behavioral patterns like stall vices
- Sensitivity to touch or cinchy behavior
On the other hand, when a horse is healthy on the inside, you see signs of good health on the outside:
- Eats and drinks well
- Blooms with good health
- Focuses and is willing to work
- Is physically comfortable, especially in the belly
- Can easily bend to both sides
- Performs to its full potential
Too often, we wait to address digestive health until outward signs spell serious trouble, and we must call our vet in. This cycle can end up on a constant repeat unless you take steps to help your horse proactively maintain good digestive health all the time. By making digestive health priority, you can break this cycle and keep a healthy, happy, successful show horse from the inside out.
Good Management for a Quarter Horse’s Digestive Health
An optimal feeding and management program is a base necessity for good digestive health in your horses. This should include regular turnout, feeding multiple small meals throughout the day, providing constant access to forage, and feeding a carefully designed nutrition program that minimizes high-starch grains as much as possible.
However, a great feeding and management program alone is typically not enough to counter the digestive challenges related to training, travel, and competing. Despite giving the very best care, many owners still struggle with the gastric and hindgut health of their horses.
Many riders are finding that providing a top-quality, proven, natural digestive supplement every day gives their horses the long-term digestive health they need to achieve.
SUCCEED for your Horse at its Best
Keeping your quarter horse’s digestive tract health in optimal condition is important. And with SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program, it’s also easy.
Just feed one serving of SUCCEED once a day, every day with your horse’s regular feed.
This unique formula:
- Supports key components of your horse’s digestive system to break the “problem/solution” cycle and promote overall wellness.
- Supports the health of the entire equine GI tract: stomach, hindgut, and microbiota included.
- Is the only product in its class with multiple patents, backed by independent research, and produced to human food-grade standards.
- Is produced using all-natural, feed-based ingredients, so it’s safe to use alongside medications and is not a testable substance for competition.
World champion breeders, trainers, and riders use and recommend SUCCEED.
“I first used SUCCEED on a horse that had stomach issues. I saw a huge difference, and I became a believer. I am all about a product that will help my horses dapple out and look healthier. All my horses look great on it. They look forward to taking SUCCEED, and it’s easy on my pocketbook. I don’t promote something I don’t believe in. It’s just an amazing product.”
AQHA World Champion Barrel Racer
"With SUCCEED, our show horses are far better and far more responsive to our training. SUCCEED is the cheapest thing I can do to help myself in the show arena. We put new horses on the product and within 30 days you start seeing a big difference in everything – their attitudes, their trainability. I recommend SUCCEED to anyone who wants to be competitive at the shows."
Nancy Sue Ryan
AQHA World Champion Hunt Seat Rider, Trainer, Breeder, and Judge
Try SUCCEED for your Quarter Horses
Interested in trying SUCCEED and seeing the benefits for yourself? Here are some great ways you can try it:
- Purchase now through the SUCCEED Challenge to try it risk free with a money-back guarantee. Love what you see after 60 days or get your money back. Only available on purchases at succeed-equine.com. Take the SUCCEED Challenge
- Purchase on auto-ship through your favorite equine retailer. See Retailers
- Talk to your vet about trying SUCCEED Veterinary Formula. Some owners find that this product produces results more quickly … and it comes backed by our Healthy Gut Commitment colic reimbursement program. Learn More