AQHA Summer Checklist
AQHA Summer Checklist
The sun is shining, the grass is green and the American Quarter Horse Association has 11 must-do’s you do not want to miss out on this summer. From visiting the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum in Amarillo to attending the Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show, you’ll have a summer to remember – a summer with AQHA.
- American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum: Visit the Hall of Fame & Museum and explore the "Horsemen of the World" exhibit. The exhibit showcases the unique role horses play in different cultures worldwide.
- Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse World Championships: AQHA brings together four ranch-horse shows in one great competition at the 2019 Zoetis VRH World, Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Finals, AQHA Level 1 Cattle Championships and National Ranch and Stock Horse Alliance National Championship Show June 18-23 at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Visit www.aqha.com/versatility for more details.
- Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar: 2019 YES, which is July 9-11 in Amarillo, Texas, welcomes AQHYA members and nonmembers, ages 10 to 18, to experience this three-day, fun-packed event that offers valuable leadership skills, inspiring speakers and tons of fun. Registration is $110 until June 1 for members, and is subject to availability.
- National Day of the Cowboy: Join the American Quarter Horse Foundation in celebrating National Day of the Cowboy on July 27 at the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum in Amarillo. Everyone is welcome to come learn more about American cowboys and their trusty mounts, American Quarter Horses.
- Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show: The Ford Youth World, which is August 1-10 at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, features the world’s top youth riders and their American Quarter Horses. AQHYA members will also find success outside of the arena by competing in an array of contests from horse judging to speech. To view the tentative schedule of events, visit www.aqha.com/youthworld.
- Rewards for time in the saddle: Track your horseback riding hours – and great prizes – while you enjoy the trails with your horse, whether you own an American Quarter Horse or another breed, there is a division for you in the AQHA Horseback Riding Program.
- Enjoy a Horse Show: Visit our new online Event Calendar to find an AQHA show near you. Whether you are participating in the show or enjoy watching the competition, you will be connecting with fellow AQHA members and making memories that will last forever. From beginning to expert riders, those specializing in dressage or Versatility Ranch Horse, AQHA shows offer good times for everyone.
- Head to the Track: Attending an American Quarter Horse race will give your adrenaline level a boost. Visit www.aqha.com/racing to find a race near you. It could be your lucky day!
- Summer Shopping: The American Quarter Horse Store has a new line of graphic tees to help you share your passion everywhere you go! Pick your shirt and style it for any occasion. While you are shopping, check out all the AQHA-logoed apparel and other great merchandise, as well. Get your shop on today at the American Quarter Horse Store online.
- Member Benefits: Be sure to take advantage of AQHA member benefits, discounts and savings. Before you start planning your next vacation this summer vacation, check out some great savings in the member-exclusive AQHA Travel Center. From booking hotels to theme parks and concerts, your cost of membership could be paid for in savings from one trip. If you aren’t a member, join or renew your membership today to let your membership pay for itself in discounts and benefits.
- Get Social: Spend time with the horses you love and share your #YouHoldMyHeart stories and #AQHAProud experiences this summer. Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter and Snapchat.
Take advantage of these fun AQHA activities this summer and make many #AQHAProud memories!
For more information on AQHA events and programs, visit www.aqha.com.