The 2021 Farnam AQHA World Championship Show; AQHA Select World Championship Show, presented by Adequan® (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan); Adequan® Level 2 Championships and Nutrena Level 1 Championships are almost here! Competitors are gearing up to be part of history October 28 - November 20 at the OKC Fairgrounds in Oklahoma City. We’re certain there are a lot of items on your to-do list to get ready for the show of the year, but please make note of the following helpful reminders:
- Subscribe to the texting service for important show updates. To enroll, text AQHA to 806-576-0913.
- The digital version of the official Farnam AQHA World and Adequan® Select World Show Program will be available online soon.
- New for 2021! If you need to complete a medication report form, you can do so online.
- Complete your official AQHA World Show bio form to share your AQHA story and more information on you and your American Quarter Horse’s journey to compete at this year’s show.
- Review the competitor’s handbook, where you’ll find answers to many show-specific questions.
- Please check the tentative schedule for changes and estimated times. The most recent version can be found on the World Show Resources page.
- Patterns are posted at www.aqha.com/worldshow within the Resources section. Stall charts and working orders are also posted within Resources.
- Rider change fees for open classes: The deadline to change a rider in an open class is noon the day prior to the class. There will be a $250 fee to change the rider after noon the day prior up to the start of the class. After the start of the class, the fee will be $500 or disqualification.
- AQHA Professional Horsemen from around the country are teaming up to provide free Ride the Pattern clinics, presented by Nutrena. View the schedule.
- Follow live scoring and more with Horse Show Tracker. Visit www.horseshowtracker.com and bookmark the updated Tracker to your home screen. As a reminder, AQHA.com is your source for official results and coverage.
- Move-in begins at 8 a.m., Tuesday, October 26. View a map of the facility and learn more about the check-in process. Enter Gate 5 onto Gordon Cooper Blvd. off May Avenue and proceed to the inspection station to present your horses' health certificates. This health paperwork must be current within 30 days and a negative Coggins (EIA lab test) must be current within 12 months. The inspection station is open 24 hours and there is a staging area east of the inspection station for trailers to line up in order of arrival. Start unloading. Beginning on Tuesday, October 26, you'll have one hour to park and move in on Barn Row and the east side of the Super Barn. Empty trailers can be parked in the large lot north of Barn 5.
- Stalls are preassigned per the stall request submitted at the time of entry and are available on the World Show Resources page. If you haven't preordered shavings yet, call the OKC Fairgrounds directly at 405-948-6786.
- Pick up your back number and entry packet from the Show Office. Please be prepared with a copy of your horses’ registration certificates. The Show Office opens at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, October 26, and Wednesday, October 27. Starting Thursday, October 28, the show office opens daily, one hour before the start of the show.
- Need to ship something to the show? Use this address to send packages to the Show Office.
AQHA Horse Show Office
Your Name and Cell Phone Number
333 Gordon Cooper Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
- This year’s show features a variety of exciting events: the $50,000 Pleasure Versatility Challenge, brought to you by Terry Bradshaw Quarter Horses; the $15,000 Western Pleasure Challenge; $25,000 added Level 3 barrel race classes and more!
- The AQHA World Championship Collegiate Horse Judging Contest is scheduled for November 7. New this year: A youth audit option will also be offered for free in conjunction with the collegiate judging contest to allow AQHYA members the opportunity to practice their judging skills concurrently with the AQHA World Show Collegiate Judging Contest.
- Volunteer your horses for the 2021 AQHA World Championship Show Collegiate Judging Contest. This event will be held on Sunday, November 7, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the Farnam AQHA World and Adequan® Select World. Individuals who donate time and horses used in the AQHA World Championship Show Collegiate Horse Judging Contest will receive consideration for stalling preference (not specific stalls) at the 2022 AQHA World Championship Show.
- The 42nd Annual Triangle Fall Sale is set for October 29 and 30. View the sale catalog to check out 471 premier western performance horse consignments for this year’s sale.
- Support the AQHA Professional Horsemen’s Endowment Fund Online Auction, November 12-16. Bidding opens at 9 a.m. Central on November 12 and closes at 6 p.m. Central on November 16.
- The Quarter Horse Christmas Trade Show will be located in the Jim Norick concourse, Super Barn and Nutrena Trade Show Hall (Barn 3).
- AQHA On-Site Member Services will be at the 2021 Farnam AQHA World and Adequan® Select World October 27 - November 20 in Oklahoma City.
- Don’t forget to check your tires before you head out! BFGoodrich supports youth programs every time you buy a set of BFGoodrich tires by giving $100 back to AQHYA. Learn more.
- Before heading to the OKC Fairgrounds, be sure you check out the Farnam AQHA World and Adequan® Select World Health Protocols to ensure you are up to date on local, state and federal coronavirus mandates in addition to AQHA and OKC Fairgrounds policies.
If you haven't already:
- Rent your stall mat from Elite Stall Mat Rentals.
- Reserve your golf cart from Fore Wheeler Golf Cars.
- Confirm your hotel reservation.
Please visit www.aqha.com/worldshow for the latest news and updates with regard to the show.
We are looking forward to seeing you in OKC – safe travels. Thank you for making history with us!