Ambassadors of the American Quarter Horse Foundation
Who are the Ambassadors?
Ambassadors are individuals who turn their enthusiasm for the American Quarter Horse into opportunities to share the work and mission of the Foundation with others in their communities.
The Ambassador program is comprised of individuals across the country who volunteer their time to protect the future and preserve the past of the American Quarter Horse through promotion and education.
How can I serve as an Ambassador?
The Ambassador program is a great way to give back to the American Quarter Horse while sharing your personal story. Plus, it fits into any lifestyle by allowing you to work in your community and determine your level of time commitment.
What are some examples of volunteer duties?
- A few easy ways to serve are Write “Thank You” notes on behalf of the Foundation to show our donors how much we appreciate them. Spread the work of the Foundation on Facebook, Twitter and other social media
- Showcase one of the great Foundation programs like the scholarship program, at your next 4-H or riding club meeting. Volunteer to serve on a selection task force, which scores applications and participates in the selection for scholarships, grants and awards
- Set up the Booth in a Box materials in front of your stall at your next show and share the Foundation work with everyone you meet. Hold a fundraiser in conjunction with your local or regional show to raise awareness about and benefit the Foundation
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Being part of a vibrant and active community that supports the American Quarter Horse
- Invitations to annual events, including the Hall of Fame Dedication and Convention activities
- Certificate of Appreciation for every five years of service and recognition of service as an ambassador
- Foundation Quarterly Newsletter featuring facts to aid in your promotion of the Foundation’s programs and activities
How Do I Join?
AQHA members may join at any time by completing and returning the registration form. To learn more about the Foundation and its work, please contact:
American Quarter Horse Foundation
PO Box 32111
Amarillo TX 79120-9971