We, the members of the American Quarter Horse Association of Professional Horsemen in carrying out our role of providing service to the American Quarter Horse industry, recognize the need to do so in a professional manner, and to deal with the public and our colleagues with the highest degree of integrity. Therefore, we have set forth the following creed which shall govern our endeavors to fulfill our obligations:
- To adhere to the professional standards of the American Quarter Horse Association and to work to further its goals and objectives.
- To ensure that the welfare of the American Quarter Horse is paramount and that every American Quarter Horse shall at all times be treated humanely and with dignity, respect and compassion.
- To conduct all business affairs with integrity, sincerity and accuracy in an open and forthright manner.
- To act with integrity in financial dealings with clients, other professionals and the public. In this regard, any horse shown by my spouse, client or child will be economically owned as prescribed by applicable rules.
- To fully disclose to customers the actual sales price and commissions involved in the sale or purchase of a horse.
- To not charge or receive a monetary commission, or other remuneration constituting a commission from both the buyer and seller of a horse.
- To handle our business, operations and communications (including those through social media) in a manner that promotes the positive image of the American Quarter Horse industry.
- To instill confidence among clients and the public in the American Quarter Horse industry, avoiding any action conducive to discrediting it or membership in the American Quarter Horse Association.