AQHA Sanctioned Shows Cancelled Due to COVID-19
AQHA Sanctioned Shows COVID-19 Resources
AQHA leadership has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please refer to the information below for up-to-date data regarding the current status of AQHA sanctioned shows. AQHA recommends show management work with their local health officials to develop protocols that meet the specific guidelines put in place by the government authorities with jurisdiction over their particular show facility.
- The Center for Disease Control provides valuable resources for learning how to protect yourself, what to do if you think you are sick and more.
- Watch this statement regarding the return to AQHA competition.
- SAMPLE: COVID-19 Health Acknowledgement and Liability Waiver
- SAMPLE: COVID-19 Health Protocols
- Click here for a list of currently cancelled shows. Updates will be made as more information from Show Management is received.
- Contact email@example.com if you notice a show is missing or the status should be changed.
The list of shows above also includes pending or approved dates to assist in your rescheduling.
- If secretaries and managers wish to reschedule their shows to a later date, the mileage rule will stay in effect per AQHA Show Management Guidelines.
- For shows that have been cancelled, each will have an option to:
- Receive a full refund.
- Apply current money paid to a rescheduled show.
- Hold the credit with AQHA for one calendar year to apply to the same show in 2021.
- For AQHA sanctioned shows that were cancelled, those shows will retain priority dates for the following year (SHW 103.6).
- If you have any questions or concerns with a show that has been cancelled or procedures for how to cancel your event, please contact the Show Approval department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an AQHA judge, you may be faced with cancellation of shows and events, travel restrictions, as well as concerns regarding your own health. Please review the Judges Announcement regarding AQHA's judging policies and procedures. Please email email@example.com with any changes to your judging commitments so that these can be noted.
This is a rapidly changing situation and AQHA is committed to providing timely information regarding upcoming events. Our team is here to help support the safety of our membership which is of the utmost importance. We appreciate your understanding, collaboration and flexibility as we navigate through this difficult time together.