Ranching Heritage Breeders
AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders
AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder Qualifications
AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders should embody the longevity, integrity and honesty of the ranching tradition. Ranching Heritage Breeders breed and raise the ranch-type horse, which remains at the core of the American Quarter Horse Association and epitomizes the breed’s versatility.
To be recognized as a Ranching Heritage Breeder, breeders must meet the following criteria:
- The ranch must be a member of the American Quarter Horse Association
- Ranch remudas must consist of registered American Quarter Horses
- The ranch must breed and register at least five foals annually
- The ranch must maintain a remuda for the specific purpose of operating a working cattle ranch
- The ranch must have received, at minimum, an AQHA 10-year Breeder award
- Applicants must submit at least three reference letters including at least one from a current Ranching Heritage Breeder
- The ranch must apply to and be approved by the AQHA Ranching Committee and AQHA Executive Committee
- The ranch must pay a $25 annual fee to maintain status as a Ranching Heritage Breeder
Apply now to become part of the Ranching Heritage Breeders.
Looking for a Ranching Heritage Breeder?
View the current list of Ranching Heritage Breeders. This list is updated quarterly. To find out if a ranch is a Ranching Heritage Breeder, please contact AQHA.
Ranching Heritage Breeders, enroll your horses in the AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge program.