About the Show
The Adequan® Select World Championship Show is the world’s largest, single-breed world championship horse show open exclusively to amateur exhibitors age 50 and over.
This is the pinnacle event for Select amateur competitors around the world who must qualify for the event by earning a predetermined number of points to secure a spot in each of the classes, representing English, western and halter disciplines.
In addition to world championship titles, the Adequan® Select World also recognizes:
- 70-&-over, or Super-Select, awards to the top-placing first-, second- and third-place exhibitors in their categories.
AQHA Select All-Around Amateur title to the horse-and-rider team that garners the most points in a minimum of three events in two categories.
Gene Graves Super-Select Special Recognition Award to the team of a Super-Select exhibitor and horse that garners the most points in multiple events.
In 2019, the Adequan® Select World was held for the first time at the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The event will stay in Fort Worth through at least 2021, when the location bid is open once again. Before 2019, and since its inception in 2003, the Adequan® Select World was hosted at the Tri-State Fairgrounds in Amarillo.
Free Ride the Pattern clinics will be taught by AQHA Professional Horsemen and are offered during during this year’s Adequan® Select World. These clinics are sponsored by Nutrena. In addition to Ride the Pattern clinics, exhibitors, friends and family are invited to parties and receptions held during the show.
READ THE LATEST ISSUE
- Breakaway roping phenom Madison Outhier
- Cowboys and racehorses on Mikel Donahue's easel
- 80-year American Quarter Horse breeders
- The first year-end all-around winners in Select and 13 & under divisions
- Winston Hansma and the cutting horses he rode in on