Horse Clipping Tips
Horse Clipping Tips
For a lot of people, coming into show season off the winter months means grooming a horse with a thicker coat. Heavier winter coats mean clipping lines are more likely. As an exhibitor, you want your horse’s hair to appear seamless and without lines.
In Horse Clipping Tips, AQHA Professional Horsewoman Margo Lea Ball shares professional horse-grooming tips and secrets with her step-by-step process for clipping a wooly horse.
With step-by-step photos, Margo walks you through:
- How to clip a horse’s ears.
- How to clip a horse’s face.
- How to clip a horse’s legs, including solid-color and white legs.
Horse Clipping Tips covers:
- Size of clipper blades you’ll need and how to use each size.
- Extra grooming products you’ll want to have on hand.
- Tricks to keep your horse happy through the clipping process.
Download the FREE e-book Horse Clipping Tips and get the inside track on how to clip a horse without lines. Your horse will be looking stellar come show season!
About the Expert
AQHA Professional Horsewoman Margo Lea Ball has been training and showing American Quarter Horses for more than 40 years, with several halter world champions and performance Superiors to her credit. She has produced training DVDs on showmanship and grooming. An AQHA judge for more than 30 years, Margo holds cards with several organizations.
Margo and her brothers, Tom and Wayne, own and operate Ball’s Quarter Horses and Stallion Station in their native Fort Collins, Colorado.
Submit the form below to download the Horse Clipping Tips e-book.
READ THE LATEST ISSUE
December 2020 - January 2021
- Orren Mixer painted the greatest horses of our time.
- Rodeo's pickup horses.
- Before the days of specialized horsemanship, Bubba Cascio did it all.
- 2020 AQHA professional rodeo horses of the year.
- AQHA 50-year breeders.
- AQHA merged six championship shows into one giant, world-class event.