Horse Colic: Free eBook
By Dr. Thomas R. Lenz in The American Quarter Horse Journal
Colic remains a major cause of sickness and death in horses.
The word “colic” simply refers to abdominal pain. It covers a multitude of abdominal and intestinal problems, ranging from simple excess gas in the intestines to severe torsion or twisting of the intestines. It can also include stomach ulcers, uterine pain in pregnant or post-foaling mares and pain associated with disease in organs of the abdomen.
It is critical for horse owners to recognize the early signs of colic, because the sooner the horse is seen and treated, the greater his chances of recovery. That's where this FREE ebook comes in.
All colics begin with mild pain and subtle symptoms. If the horse is lucky, it will be a mild colic and resolve on its own or with moderate treatment from a veterinarian.
Almost every horseman deals with a colicky horse at some point. In this FREE ebook, you'll learn how to spot the signs of colic, plus ways to treat and prevent this painful illness.
In this helpful ebook, you'll receive answers to questions like:
- What is colic?
- What are common causes of colic in horses?
- What are the first signs of colic in a horse?
- What different types of colic in horses are there?
- How do you treat colic in horses?
Submit the form below to download the Horse Colic e-book.
READ THE LATEST ISSUE
- The Kokernot 06 Ranch is an iconic West Texas ranch, and its owners continue to weather today's challenges
- With simple tools and a half-century of experience, Bonnie Caylor makes chaps that fit like a glove
- After mentors showed heeler Junior Nogueira the ropes, he went straight to the top
The American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame inducted six horses in August