Showtime: A Guide to Showing American Quarter Horses
Guide to Showing American Quarter Horses
When you show an American Quarter Horse, you know you’ve saddled yourself a winner – and the American Quarter Horse Association wants you to be a winner as well. That’s why we produced "Showtime: A Guide to Showing American Quarter Horses." We want to help you get the most out of showing your American Quarter Horse.
Whether it’s your profession or your pastime, showing can be a rewarding experience. There are lucrative prizes you can win, the thrill of competition you’ll experience and the glory you’ll receive. But it’s much more. The best rewards you’ll carry in your heart for a lifetime. You’ll make lifelong friends who share your passion. You’ll feel the satisfaction of a job well done. And you’ll do it all with the most loyal, responsive, hard-working and willing teammate you’ll ever have – the American Quarter Horse.
In this downloadable booklet, you'll learn everything you need to know about:
- Divisions and levels
- Classes, from western to English, Versatility Ranch Horse to halter
- Lifetime achievement awards you can earn with your horse
- Show formats
- Where you can chase your championship dreams
- Handy resources
- A glossary of show terms
- Plus answers to 10 of AQHA's most-asked questions
Submit the form below to download Showtime: A Guide to Showing American Quarter Horses.
READ THE LATEST ISSUE
- Breakaway roping phenom Madison Outhier
- Cowboys and racehorses on Mikel Donahue's easel
- 80-year American Quarter Horse breeders
- The first year-end all-around winners in Select and 13 & under divisions
- Winston Hansma and the cutting horses he rode in on