Enroll in the Horseback Riding Program's Quarter Horse division today.
- Enroll in the Horseback Riding Program
- Log Your Hours (in whole or half hour increments)
- All-Breeds Division Information
Qualifications and Rules for the Quarter Horse Division:
Once you enroll in the Quarter Horse division, sponsored by SmartPak and Nutrena, simply log the hours you spend riding your American Quarter Horse. As you move up through 15 thresholds, you earn the opportunity to purchase a denim jacket reserved exclusively for participants. The awards series culminates at 5,000 hours with a buckle customized for the Horseback Riding Program.
- Must maintain individual AQHA or AQHYA membership.
- One-time $35 enrollment fee. (If membership lapses, member must re-enroll in the program)
- Log hours riding. On official log sheets (one sheet per horse), log hours riding, pleasure driving or doing ground activities, including training, showing and/or exercising (does not include grooming, feeding or health maintenance).
- May ride more than one American Quarter Horse; rider does not have to own the horse.
- The horse(s) must be registered with AQHA. The registered name and registration number of the horse must be listed on the log sheet.
- Separate log sheets must be used for each horse. Time should be logged in whole or half hour increments. A maximum of 8 riding hours can be logged per day.
- Please remember that all hours submitted must be for the current year. The deadline to turn in your hourly log sheets is December 31st each year.
- If both members of an existing joint account would like to participate in the Horseback Riding Program, each party will need to purchase a separate individual membership.
- AQHA reserves the right to make any changes in the awards that are given. Awards are not retroactive. Some award item patterns and colors may vary.
Log Your Hours
There are two ways to log your hours. Log frequently to receive rewards sooner!
- Download the American Quarter Horse Hourly Log Sheet. Then mail to AQHA, fax to 806-375-5197, or email to email@example.com by December 31st each year. To receive your awards sooner, send your log sheets in every month or log your hours online.
- Submit or view your hours online. Log in to AQHA with your username and password in order to submit or view your hours through the online member portal.
Horseback Riding Program participants can purchase the exclusive Horseback Riding Program denim jacket to display your achievement patches. Call the AQHA Recreational Riding department at 806-376-4811 to order your jacket.