Enroll in the Horseback Riding Program's Quarter Horse division today.
- Enroll in the Horseback Riding Program.
- Log Your Hours (in hour/1/2 hour increments)
- All-Breeds Division Information
Qualifications and Rules for the Quarter Horse Division:
Once you enroll in the Quarter Horse division, sponsored by SmartPak and Nutrena simply log the hours you spend riding your American Quarter Horse. As you move up through 15 thresholds, you earn the opportunity to purchase a denim jacket reserved exclusively for participants. The awards series culminates at 5,000 hours with a buckle customized for the Horseback Riding Program.
- Must maintain AQHA, AQHYA or amateur membership.
- One-time $35 enrollment fee.
- Log hours riding. On official log sheets (one sheet per horse), log hours riding, pleasure driving or doing ground activities, including training, showing and/or exercising (does not include grooming, feeding or health maintenance).
- May ride more than one American Quarter Horse; rider does not have to own the horse.
- The horse(s) must be registered with AQHA. The registered name and registration number of the horse must be listed on the log sheet.
- Separate log sheets must be used for each horse. Time should be logged in hour
- Please remember that the deadline to turn in your hourly log sheets is December 31 of the current year.
- One AQHA membership is equal to one enrollment. If both members of a joint account would like to participate in the Horseback Riding Program, one of the two will need a separate membership.
- AQHA reserves the right to make any changes in the awards that are given. Awards are not retroactive. Some award item patterns and colors may vary.
Log Your Hours
There are two ways to log your hours. Log frequently to receive rewards sooner!
- Download the American Quarter Horse Hourly Log Sheet. Then mail to AQHA by December 31 each year. To receive your awards sooner, send your log sheets every month or log your hours online.
- Submit or view your hours online. Use the AQHA or AQHYA membership ID number you entered on the Horseback Riding Program enrollment form and your personal identification number.
Horseback Riding Program participants can purchase the exclusive Horseback Riding Program denim jacket to display your achievement patches. Call the AQHA Recreational Riding department at 806-376-4811 to order your jacket.