AQHA World Show: About the Show
About the AQHA World Show
The AQHA World Championship Show is for the world's best American Quarter Horses shown by amateur and open exhibitors.
The AQHA World Championship Show is the premier event in the equine industry. Competitors must reach a predetermined number of points to secure a spot in each of the classes. Competitors and their American Quarter Horses compete all year long to qualify for the honor of qualifying for this annual event and represent the disciplines of English, western and halter. The show brings together exhibitors, owners, breeders and fans of the American Quarter Horse from around the world for two weeks of exciting competition, educational opportunities and a bountiful trade show.
Nearly 5,000 entries from around the world gather annually in November for the AQHA World Show. There at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, 99 world championships and 90 Adequan® Level 2 championships are awarded. In 2017 alone, the event saw exhibitors compete from the United States, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
In addition to world champion and Adequan® Level 2 champion titles, the AQHA World Show also recognizes:
- AQHA Superhorse, awarded to the horse that earns the most points in three or more Level 3 events in three categories during the show.
- AQHA All-Around Amateur Award, presented to the exhibitor and horse team that earned the most points in three or more Level 3 amateur events in three categories during the show.
- Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau Leading Owner, awarded to the owner who has the highest number of points accumulated for their horses entered at the AQHA World Show in both the Level 3 classes and Adequan® Level 2 classes. The owner must have three horses entered at the show to be eligible.
- Adequan® Level 2 high-point amateur and Adequan® Level 2 high-point open halter exhibitors.
- Top AQHA Ranching Heritage-bred horses, $250 presented to the owners and breeders in both the amateur and open divisions.
The AQHA World Show hosts a variety of events and activities for competitors, friends, family and spectators, including free Nutrena Ride the Pattern clinics taught by AQHA Professional Horsemen.
Take a break from the action in the arenas to enjoy the free Trade Show in the new Bennett Event Center. The Trade Show features more than 100 vendors from across the United States, selling home décor, jewelry, tack, western attire, trailers and more.
AQHA World Championship Show sponsors include Adequan®, Bank of America, Cripple Creek, Boehringer Ingelheim, Curt Manufacturing, Ford, John Deere, Justin Boots, Nutrena, SmartPak, Wrangler, Zoetis, The American Quarter Horse Journal, American Quarter Horse Foundation, Sundowner Trailers, Iconoclast, Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau, State Fair Park, Four Sixes Ranch, Elite Stall Mat Rentals and Metro Golf Cars.